How To Apply
Please email your resume to email@example.com Place your last name and the position title in the email subject line. No third parties or phone calls please.
REB is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Reports to: Director of Project Management
Supervises: Project Engineers working on projects (all vendors and subcontractors for each project managed)
Job Summary: The Project Manager is responsible for the successful implementation of Material Handling systems, primarily in the Records Storage industry. Key responsibilities include: scheduling, maximizing profit, and customer satisfaction.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Duty (Percentage of Time it Requires)
- Review all bids and place orders for all required materials and subcontractors (25%)
- – Evaluate all bids based on lead time, quality, and price.
- – Look for opportunities to reduce cost.
- – Negotiate with vendors to increase profit.
- – Check all BOM and orders for accuracy.
- Prepare project schedule and update all stakeholders regularly (20%)
- – Obtain firm commitments on lead times for all materials.
- – Manage the logistics and look for ways to reduce freight costs.
- – Review all acknowledgments in a timely fashion.
- – Regularly update salesperson as to the status of the project.
- Review and approve installation drawings with Project Engineer (20%)
- – Train Project Engineers as to key elements that must be contained in prints.
- – Review special requirements with installation subcontractor prior to start date.
- Contact local building department and document requirements for obtaining permit (10%)
- – Review all permit drawing and structural calculation set drawings for accuracy.
- – Work with sprinkler and electrical contractors to include required information on rack drawings.
- Meet with Director of Project Management to review current projects (5%)
- – Maintain updated Project Pricing Summary (PPS) sheets.
- – Maintain updated project schedule.
- – Ensure that the customer is invoiced per the agreed terms.
- Obtain customer sign-off (5%)
- – Address any punch list items.
- – Review project with Director of Project Management.
- Create tools within the department to improve efficiency (5%)
- General administration (timesheets, PPS reports, Project Log) (10%)
Required: Minimum 3 years experience in a Project Manager role for industrial construction or implementation projects.
Preferred: Specific experience in a Project Manager and/or Project Engineer and/or Designer role for Material Handling and/or Records Storage solutions.
Required: Associate level degree.
Preferred: Bachelor level degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Structural Engineering; PMP Certification and/or training.
- – Understanding of forecasting to predict actual profit margin during each project.
- – Understanding of project scheduling and ways to make up lost time in case of delays.
- – Aware of local permitting requirements specific to each project.
- – Understanding of installation methods and required information on installation drawings.
- – Understanding of clearly defining the project scope, and properly handling change orders.
- – Understanding of permit requirements including fire protection requirements, and seismic calculations.
- – Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- – Project Management software (e.g. Microsoft Project for job costing reports, resource scheduling and tracking).
- – AutoCAD software.
- – SAP business software.
- – Proven ability to execute large projects on-time and under budget.
- – Travel will be required to pull permits, measure buildings, and manage installation (up to 50% including possibly, international).
- – Desire to succeed and improve the quality and efficiency with the department.
- – Check Project Engineer’s drawings and BOM to ensure accuracy.
- – Must communicate clearly with all stakeholders on each project including; suppliers, subcontractors, customer, sales, building department, and upper management.
- – Ability to manage several projects simultaneously, in a fast paced environment, with daily deadlines.
- – Flexibility to work over 40 hours per week when necessary based on work load within the department.
- – Ability to show project status and actual versus estimated margin at any time during the project.
- – Must represent company in a professional manner to key accounts.
- – Ability to work with minimal supervision.