Pallet Runners & Pallet Shuttle Systems
Semi Automated Pallet Storage Systems
Pallet runners are semi-automated deep lane storage systems that delivers the product via a cart that runs on a track within the racking system.
Pallet runners eliminate the need for wider picking aisles, allowing the entire volume of your warehouse to be utilized.
The carts can be outfitted to suit a wide variety of pallet designs. The pallet runner can deliver the product at a higher rate and provide more density than typical racking systems.
How It Works
In a system utilizing pallet runners, pallets are loaded into the system by a lift truck then transported and placed on the rack by an automated cart.
The process of unloading is the same: the cart collects and transports pallets out of the system while an operator moves between the lane and the shipping dock or other destinations.
Submit Your Inquiry
Is a Pallet Runner Right for Your Operation?
If you’re looking to increase storage density, expedite the order fulfillment process, and meet any of the following, a pallet runner system may be right for you.
- High number of pallets of the same SKU.
- Low number of SKUs.
- Fast throughput.
- Require a more efficient truckload staging and shipping/receiving area. For example, a pallet runner system can be tailored to the number of pallets that will fit on a truck. Lane 1 is dock 1, lane 2 is dock 2, etc.
- Product that is non stackable, in particular display pallets, or products that can be only stacked 2-high.
- Maintain good-quality pallets. Grade A or refurbished grade B.
Your Next Step for a Pallet Runner System
There are a number of pallet runner system providers out there. Whether your next step is to gather more information or request a quote, consider REB Storage Systems.
REB is highly knowledgeable and experienced in designing, engineering, and installing automation and racking solutions. We will make sure your system is the best fit for your SKU profiles and space. We work with you to provide a turnkey system. From engineering, design, products procurement, subcontractor management, install, and permitting support, REB handles it all for you.
REB is a highly experienced systems integrator, in business since 1962. REB has 17 in-house project managers and engineers, all highly experienced in the material handling industry. These people know this industry inside and out.
We’d appreciate the opportunity to help you further, whether that be more information or a quote. Fill in the contact form or call 800-252-5955 to get in touch with a REB representative.
Pallet Runner Advantages
Once you’ve assessed the above information and have concluded that a pallet runner is a good fit for your operation, but are still unsure, you should consider some of these advantages pallet runner has over other pallet racking systems.
It should be noted that while pallet runner does have certain advantages over other racking types, this is only if it’s a fit for your operation. There are situations in which a rack system could be advantageous over a pallet runner system. REB can assess your operation and advise what is ideal.
Pallet runner advantages over drive-in rack
- Deeper lanes, providing greater storage density.
- Each level is independently accessible, resulting in less honeycombing.
- Reduced rack damage.
- Reduced product damage.
Pallet runner advantages over push back rack
- Deeper lanes (push back traditionally up to 6 deep) which reduces aisle requirements.
- Can be designed for both FIFO and LIFO (push back is LIFO only).
- Does not require product-to-product contact to work correctly.
- Does not require particular lift trucks (trucks for push back need appropriate power based on pushback force).
Pallet runner advantages over pallet flow rack
- Level system, no need for pitch (which can result in vertical loss of space).
- Controlled product flow, no relying on gravity.
- Pallet runner is not affected by varying pallet weights.
- Service of pallet runner is carried out in a controlled manner, no need to climb into racks.