Drive-In Racking & Drive-Through Racking Systems
Drive-in racking and drive-through racking eliminates the need for down-aisle picking aisles. Both drive-in racking and drive-through racking offer a variety of benefits to warehouse efficiency.
Read below to learn how drive-in racking and drive-through racking systems work, key features, advantages, and if it's right for your operation.
How It Works
Pallets are stored on support rails that are attached to uprights and are accessed by a lift truck. The lift truck drives into the system with the load elevated to the height of the rail and places it in the selected storage location.
- Lift truck loads and unloads by entering through the front and backing out
- Designed for last-in, first-out inventory
- Offers higher density but lower selectivity than drive-through rack
- Lift truck can enter through both ends of system for loading and unloading
- Designed for first-in, first-out inventory
Submit Your Inquiry
- Drive-in and drive-through racking systems have a number of options to aid in safe, efficient storage and distribution of products.
- Uprights located in areas of high traffic can be recessed, referred to as cant-back style, to lessen the likelihood of forklift impact.
- Floor-mounted guide rail and rack-mounted rub rail can also be included for further protection.
Is a Drive-In and Drive-Through Racking System Right For Your Operation?
In order to be certain that drive-in or drive-through racking will benefit your warehouse operations, you must understand the type of product flow this system requires to function properly.
The low selectivity of these racking systems make them ideal for storing large quantities. Products such as homogeneous products, products with long life spans, and products that require large, one-time moves.
Storage of products that require large, one-time moves.
Due to the high density these rack systems provide, they are very beneficial for cooler or freezer storage. Since coolers and freezers are expensive real estate, getting the most out of these areas for storage and efficiency is high priority. It is an excellent option for this.
Drive-through rack can also be used to store perishable items that are rotated quickly.
Advantages of Drive-In and Drive-Through Racking
There are many advantages to implementing drive-in racking and drive-through racking into your warehouse. Take the following advantages into consideration to decided if it may be the best option for you.
- Highly customizable
- Wide variety of heights and depths
- Includes option for both FIFO and LIFO
- High density, increases warehouse space
- Decreases storage expense of frozen/chilled goods
- Decreases stocking and picking time for bulk items of the same SKU
- Can be designed for specific pallet types
- Easily deconstructed and reconfigured if needed
Your Next Steps for a Drive-In or Drive-Through Racking System
Whether your next step is to gather more information or request a quote, consider REB Storage Systems. REB is a highly experienced systems integrator, in business since 1962. REB has 17 in-house project managers and engineers, all highly experienced in the material handling industry. These people know this industry inside and out.
REB is highly knowledgeable and experienced in designing, engineering, and installing drive-in racking systems and drive-through racking systems and will make sure your system is the best fit for your space. We work with you to provide a turnkey system. From engineering, design, products procurement, subcontractor management, install, and permitting support, REB handles it all for you.
We’d appreciate the opportunity to help you further, whether that be more information or a quote. Fill in the contact form on this page or call us at (800) 252-5955 to get in touch with a REB representative.
Case Studies To Consider
Double Density Drive In - Case Study
A family-owned tomato producer stacked products on their cooler floor for years. They turned to REB to provide them with a solution for better density and to improve overall operations.
Products: Drive-In Rack System
Services: Rack System Engineering, Design, Permitting and Instillation
Maximizing Mattress Density- Case Study
A mattress manufacturer needed to move from an existing 270,000 sq. ft. facility to a 130,000 sq. ft. facility.
Products: 2-Deep Drive-In Racking System
Services: Design and Engineering, Permitting Support