Drive-In and Drive-Through Rack
Drive-in and drive-through rack is designed for last-in, first-out (LIFO – drive-in) or first-in, first-out (FIFO – drive-through) inventory management.
Pallets are stored on support rails that are attached to uprights and are accessed by a lift truck that drives in to the system with the load elevated to the height of the rail and placed in the selected storage location. Picking aisles are eliminated allowing for higher density in limited spaces, such as freezer or cooler storage.
Since picking aisles are eliminated, drive-in and drive-through systems offer low selectivity. As low selectivity racking systems, they are ideal for storing large quantities of homogeneous products, products with long life spans, and products that require large, one-time moves. These products include furniture or fragile items that cannot be stored in block stacks.
Read below to learn more on drive-in and drive-through product flows, typical applications and other considerations. If you'd like to speak with a representative regarding drive-in or drive-through racking systems, fill in the contact form on this page or call (800)595-0400.
Submit Your Inquiry
In drive-in rack, the lift truck loads and unloads by entering through the front of the system and then backing out, making it a LIFO option.
In drive-through rack, the lift truck is able to enter through both ends of the system for loading and unloading allowing for a FIFO storage option but requiring an additional aisle.
Specifications and Options
- Roll formed – open and closed column
- Structural channel
In-bay lift truck guidance:
- Floor mount guide angle
- Rack mounted rub rail
- Horizontal and vertical
x-bracing is supplied as
needed per design requirements
and local code
Top tie beams and rail support beams:
- Top ties to help stabilize the entire system
- Rail support beams for rear position
- Structural angle rail 3/16″ and 3/4″
- Column section 14ga and 13ga
- “Z” rails
- Load rails are top-mounted to arm
Entry frame options:
Available in single or double deep entry design
Recommended up to 10 deep per side
Arms are tapered structural angle for clearance and strength
Complete Rack System Products and Services
At REB Storage Systems International, we combine our superior selection of quality products with professional, first-rate service. We will gladly assist you with selecting the right options for your particular needs and can provide additional support to help you complete your project. From rack system engineering to rack installation, we can help with all of the needs of your material handling operations.
- Differences Between Structural Steel Rack and Roll Formed Steel Rack
- Selective Pallet, Cantilever, Flow, Drive-in, or Push Back: What is the Ideal Racking System for Your Warehouse?
- Warehouse Product Flow Options
- When to Use Last-In, First-Out Storage
- FIFO Rack Systems
- Is Structural or Roll Formed Ideal For a Cold Storage Racking System?
- How to Design Your Warehouse Racking Layout for Optimization
- Support Your Operation with a Rack Supported Structure