Carton Flow Rack
Carton flow rack systems are ideal for operations with continuous inventory rotation. Carton flow racking is a gravity supported system which offers high density storage. A REB material handling specialist can assess your operation and let you know which options are best for you.
Read below to learn how carton flow rack works, key features, advantages, and if it's right for your operation.
How It Works
In carton flow rack, the rack supports inclined rollers or wheels that allow cartons to glide from the back (loading) aisle to the front (picking) aisle.
When the front carton is unloaded, the next automatically glides into picking position for increased picking efficiency.
Carton flow rack is equipped with many useful features. There are also elements that can be added to better suit your operation.
Key features to know when considering a carton flow rack system include:
- Designed for first-in, first-out (FIFO) inventory.
- Provides high density.
- Possible to be integrated with other systems to create a pick module.
- There are a number of carton flow accessories to help with safe, efficient distribution such as:
- Lane Guides
- Tilt trays can be added to the discharge end of the system for easy access into the top of a case for piece-picking.
- Full bed polycarbonate wheels available for varying carton widths.
- Full width steel rollers and polycarbonate wheels available for consistent carton widths.
Submit Your Inquiry
Is a Carton Flow Rack System Right For Your Operation?
Consider these factors when deciding if carton flow rack will suit your operation.
Carton flow rack systems are ideal for high volume case-pick and piece-pick applications. It can accommodate operations with SKUs that are uniform shape and size, as well as those that vary in size.
This racking allows for continuous inventory rotation. Companies distributing date-sensitive products that are stored in cartons, cases, or totes will benefit from this type of rack system. Food and beverage distribution is an example of this.
Due to the high density provided, it is very beneficial for cooler or freezer storage. Since coolers and freezers are expensive real estate, getting the most out of these areas for storage and efficiency is high priority. It is an excellent option for this.
Carton flow rack may be an advantage to your operation if you:
- High selectivity, increasing warehouse productivity.
- High density, improving warehouse space optimization.
- Require evenly distributed pallets
- Decreased case picking time
- Decreased labor costs
- Prevents inventory from becoming outdated.
- Prevents inventory from declining in value.
- Helps ensure that any inventory warranties do not expire.
- Allows for easier tracking of stock, since each lane is generally its own SKU and is therefore highly visible.
- Can be integrated with other rack systems to create a pick module.
Your Next Step for a Carton Flow Rack System
Whether your next step is to gather more information or request a quote, consider REB Storage Systems. REB is a highly experienced systems integrator, in business since 1962. REB has 17 in-house project managers and engineers, all highly experienced in the material handling industry. These people know this industry inside and out.
REB is highly knowledgeable and experienced in designing, engineering, and installing carton flow systems and will make sure your system is the best fit for your space. We work with you to provide a turnkey system. From engineering, design, products procurement, subcontractor management, install, and permitting support, REB handles it all for you.
We’d appreciate the opportunity to help you further, whether that be more information or a quote. Fill in the contact form on this page or call us at (800) 252-5955 to get in touch with a REB representative.
Case Studies To Consider
Rack Supported Cooler and Freezer- Case Study
A vaccine distributor was relocating their distribution center to a new building and needed a turnkey storage solution for their cooler and freezer sections.
PRODUCTS: Selective Rack, Carton Flow Rack, Cantilever Rack
SERVICES: Engineering, Design, Rack Installation