Selective Pallet Rack
Selective rack is the most common type of racking system. It enables direct access to all stored pallets or cartons without the need to move others. This makes it a highly selective solution. REB engineers can assess your operation to provide you with your best layout.
Read below to learn how selective pallet rack works, key features, advantages, and if it's right for your operation.
How It Works
In selective rack, pallets are loaded and unloaded from the front via a lift truck. Selective rack is available in both single-deep and double-deep.
Single-Deep Pallet Rack
- Designed for first-in, first-out inventory management.
- Numerous aisles required.
- Aisles can be configured as standard size or very narrow aisle (VNA).
Click to see a comparison of selective rack with very narrow aisles versus standard aisles.
Double-Deep Pallet Rack
- Consists of two standard selective racks set up back to back.
- Designed for last-in, first-out inventory.
Click to see a comparison of double-deep selective rack versus single-deep.
Submit Your Inquiry
- Highly selective
- This requires numerous aisles, which makes it a lower density option
- Double-deep pallet racking allows for greater density than single-deep pallet racking
- Can be integrated with other systems to create a pick module
- Common bay size for selective rack is 96" wide x 42" deep
- However, there are many different bay configurations possible
- Bolted cross bars are available to support pallets
- Wire decking can be used to support pallets, totes, or boxes
Is a Selective Pallet Rack System Right For Your Operation?
Selective Pallet Rack can be used for a number of applications from retail, food and beverage, along with many others. Consider these qualities to understand if selective pallet rack will benefit your operation.
High accessibility to products makes it ideal for distribution centers with continuous product circulation or that require access to all pallets simultaneously.
The continuous product circulation flow selective pallet racks offer allows for a high turnover rate.
Selective pallet rack systems can also be used for reserve storage of products, to replenish picking areas when needed.
Advantages of Selective Pallet Rack
With selective pallet rack being the most common racking type, there are many advantages to using selective pallet rack for your operation.
- Increased storage capacity
- Increased inventory management ease
- Decreased product transport time
- Compatible with most standard forklifts
- Design allows for easy reconfiguration to suit specific products
- Relatively low cost
Your Next Step for a Selective Pallet Rack System
Whether your next step is to gather more information or request a quote, consider REB Storage Systems. REB is a highly experienced systems integrator, in business since 1962. REB has 17 in-house project managers and engineers, all highly experienced in the material handling industry. These people know this industry inside and out.
REB is highly knowledgeable and experienced in designing, engineering, and installing selective pallet rack systems and will make sure your system is the best fit for your space. We work with you to provide a turnkey system. From engineering, design, products procurement, subcontractor management, install, and permitting support, REB handles it all for you.
We’d appreciate the opportunity to help you further, whether that be more information or a quote. Fill in the contact form on this page or call us at (800) 252-5955 to get in touch with a REB representative.
Case Studies To Consider
Selective Rack System Relocation
A company that sells office furniture was moving operations and required its current system to be removed and reinstalled in the new facility.
Products: Selective Rack
Services: Design, Installation, Teardown
Piece-Picking Pick Module- Case Study
A rapidly growing eCommerce company needed to expand their operations into a bigger facility to accommodate for their current and future growth.
Products: Selective Rack, Wire Decking
Various SKU Storage- Case Study
A hardware supplier was opening two new distribution centers: a 410,000 sq. ft. facility in Ohio and 290,000 sq. ft. facility in California.
Products: Selective Rack, Cantilever Rack
Services: Design, Engineering, Installation