Retail stores use a backroom space to house the overflow of goods that may not fit on the allocated display shelf space. Most overflow is received directly from suppliers or distribution centers, making the store’s backroom storage indispensable. By adding shelving to this space, retailers can easily store overstocked goods, making it easier to organize inventory and accelerate stock replenishment.
Backroom storage shelving options include boltless rivet shelving, wire shelving, gravity flow shelving and steel shelving.
Boltless rivet shelving is a versatile shelving option, with a variety of beam options to accommodate items ranging from small parts to larger, heavier items. This shelving is ideal for a wide range of retail backroom storage applications, including apparel, automotive parts, and household goods.
Standard units consists of posts, horizontal beams and decking, typically wire or particle board. It is easily assembled and does not require bolts, nuts or clips.
Wire shelving is ideal for backroom storage of items that require more light and air circulation as well as less dust and bacteria accumulation. Wire shelving is a durable storage option that is available in many widths, lengths and load capacities.
Wire shelving is available in three options:
- Chrome wire shelving is ideal for storage of items that need to be kept dry, such as food and electronics.
- Stainless steel wire shelving is ideal for storage areas that are susceptible to rust.
- Epoxy wire shelving is ideal for storage areas that need to kept bacteria free. It is finished with an epoxy coat that is applied to carbon steel and treated with a zinc phosphate.
Gravity flow shelving is a first-in, first-out shelving option and is ideal for retail backroom storage because it offers faster restocking and optimal product exposure. It features inclined shelves that allow products to glide from the back-loading area to the front picking area. It is available in various widths, lengths and load capacities.
Gravity flow shelving is available in two options:
- Steel gravity flow shelving is ideal for storage areas that are susceptible to rust.
- Wire gravity flow shelving is ideal for storage that needs to be kept dry, such as food and electronics.
Several accessories are available for gravity flow shelving, including rollers, dividers, entry guides, entry stops, bins and casters.
Steel shelving is a durable option for backroom storage. It is highly customizable with options for small parts storage to multi-level picking operations and everything in between. Units are available in a variety of sizes and load capacities and can be designed with basic shelves or include bins, drawers or dividers.